You are hereBack to top
Black Faces in High Places: 10 Strategic Actions for Black Professionals to Reach the Top and Stay There (Paperback)
A timely resource for Black professionals on how to rise to the top of their organizations or industries and, just as importantly, to stay there.
Black Faces in High Places is the essential guide for Black professionals who are moving up through their organizations or industries but need a roadmap for how to get to the top and stay there. Based on the authors' considerable experiences in business, in the public eye, and as a minority, the book shows how African-American professionals can (and must) think and act both entrepreneurially and "intrapreneurially".
In this book, you will:
- Expand yourself beyond your comfort zone
- Recognize and demonstrate the four facets of excellence
- Build beneficial relationships and powerful networks
- Identify different mentors and learn from others' experiences
- Discover ways of working with others to facilitate collective action
Black Faces in High?Places highlights the experiences of other Black faces in high places who were able to navigate various crossroads, reach the top, and stay there, including insights from President Barack and First Lady Michelle Obama, Oprah Winfrey, Cathy Hughes, Angela Glover Blackwell, Ken Chenault, Senator Cory Booker, Geoffrey Canada, and others.