You are hereBack to top
Debunking Howard Zinn: Exposing the Fake History That Turned a Generation against America (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Howard Zinn’s A People’s History of the United States has sold more than 2.5 million copies. It is pushed by Hollywood celebrities, defended by university professors who know better, and assigned in high school and college classrooms to teach students that American history is nothing more than a litany of oppression, slavery, and exploitation.
Zinn’s history is popular, but it is also massively wrong.
Scholar Mary Grabar exposes just how wrong in her stunning new book Debunking Howard Zinn, which demolishes Zinn’s Marxist talking points that now dominate American education.
In Debunking Howard Zinn, you’ll learn, contra Zinn:
- How Columbus was not a genocidal maniac, and was, in fact, a defender of Indians
- Why the American Indians were not feminist-communist sexual revolutionaries ahead of their time
- How the United States was founded to protect liberty, not white males’ ill-gotten wealth
- Why Americans of the “Greatest Generation” were not the equivalent of Nazi war criminals
- How the Viet Cong were not well-meaning community leaders advocating for local self-rule
- Why the Black Panthers were not civil rights leaders
Grabar also reveals Zinn’s bag of dishonest rhetorical tricks: his slavish reliance on partisan history, explicit rejection of historical balance, and selective quotation of sources to make them say the exact opposite of what their authors intended. If you care about America’s past—and our future—you need this book.
About the Author
Mary Grabar is a resident fellow at the Alexander Hamilton Institute for the Study of Western Civilization and the founder of the Dissident Prof Education Project. She taught at the college level for twenty years, most recently at Emory University, and her work has been published by The Federalist, Townhall, FrontPage Magazine, City Journal, American Greatness, and Academic Questions.